Many of the "websites" that you view via Social Media or through a Google search are infact blogs. Every day there are more people creating web presences via blogging for fun or for profit. Through this guide, it's never been easier to start a professional blog.
My name is Trey Gardner, and I am an Internet marketing & web hosting veteran since 1998. I have created this step-by-step guide to help individuals and small businesses take advantage of what a blog can do for them.
Why Listen to Me and Use This Guide?
Having been in the industry for a very long time, I have had the opportunity to discuss with many successful bloggers & webmasters on what it takes to start a blog that can be successful.
I've come to the conclusion that there are three things when it comes to successful blogging:
- Passion: Be passionate about the topic that you are going to be blogging about. If you are not passionate about the topic, then chances are you will stop writing once the initial excitement is over. Pick a niche that you'll thrive in, where you have some experience and something that you won't get bored of.
- A Strong Foundation: A blog that is slow or even worse isn't online is the fastest way to NOT reach success. Setting up the right foundation for your blog is an integral part of ensuring the long term success of your blog. With my guide, I will provide you the steps to quickly and correctly set up a blog with trusted solutions to allow you to focus on writing quality content and growing your blog.
- Access to Knowledgeable People: You're not going at this alone. You'll have an entire support system available to you to help you get the most out of your blogging experience. GreenGeeks is committed to helping bloggers make the most of their blogs. We're here 24/7 to help you with any questions that you may have with your blog.
What is the big deal about starting a blog anyway?
- Generating income: Many people think blogging is just a way for people to share their daily lives with the rest of the world. They couldn't be more wrong. Blogging has the potential to be a very lucrative occupation. Placing ads relating to your content is the easiest way to generate money from your blog. It's one of the reasons why Google is one of the richest companies in the world. We'll touch on this later in the guide.
- Recognition & potential fame: Once you publish your post, it's available to the world. Writing amazing content could capture the attention of millions, you'll be able to create repeat visitors and grow a following for your blog. More and more bloggers are getting recognition & fame as a result of their blog's. The next one could be you!
- It's fun: This takes me back to my first point of having passion. Being able to write about topics that you enjoy will bring joy to your daily life and you'll be helping others learn from your experiences. Not only that, but you yourself will learn things that you did not know before. Having a blog is essentially an investment in yourself to become a better person.
Why Free Blogging Sucks!
- No income opportunity: Free blogging platforms don't allow you to generate income by selling your own ad space. In fact, they will sell the ad space themselves and may or may not share the revenue with you.
- Free is not really free!: While the core service is free, adding features like better themes, plugins, will cost extra. If you're receiving too much traffic you may be asked to upgrade and a domain name costs extra.
- No control or ownership of content: Free blogging platforms have the power to turn your site off with no reason, they can vanish and worst of all, they own your content. You also are limited as to what you can or cannot do with your blog, which can be suffocating in the future as you look to expand your blog.
Sure Fire way to a Successful Blogging Experience!
Next is step one of my guide, which will show you how to setup a solid foundation for your blog.
- Follow my step-by-step system: I have written this guide to help new bloggers begin their journey and to be able to continue it with the least amount of frustration possible. You'll be able to start a blog and be equipped with the knowledge to be successful at it.
- 24/7 support system: My team is here for you to help you through any questions you may have about your blogging experience. We want you to be a success.